- I began swimming competitively in high school when I joined the swim team originally to just get into better shape for softball, but I found out that I loved it and the competitiveness, as well as found the constant drive to get better every day. I have kept up with swimming throughout college as I found it is a great way to stay in shape.
- My coaching style – I maintain a high energy in every class. My goal is that every time a child steps onto the pool deck with me, they leave with a smile. Not only do I want kids to enjoy the lesson but the family to enjoy it as well! With my energy, I hope to instill a confidence in each and every child to push through tough/challenging/sometimes frightening skills by adding a bit of fun to it. I’ve personally found that this is what gets the best results the fastest.
- I have been a coach for various softball teams as well as given private lessons from the time I was 14.
- I also have experience working at a daycare with infants all the way through after school children.
- I am currently working on attaining my teacher’s certification while in college at St. Mary’s University. I have found a passion for working with kids.
- I currently play softball for St. Mary’s University and have a three-legged cat named Trooper.
Why I love working for MGR
- I love working at MGR because of the kids and their constant energy. Even on a rough day, those smiles and that readiness to be in the water gets me pumped up, and makes my day!
- I also enjoy working at MGR because of the people. I’m surrounded by coaches who thoroughly enjoy what they’re doing and love these kids as much as I do. I look forward to working for MGR every summer I can!”